August 29, 2013
ITEXPO Las Vegas Event Soars to New Heights
The world’s premier event for business communications and technology wraps spectacular week of education, networking and deal-making
LAS VEGAS, Nev. – August 29, 2013 – ITEXPO Las Vegas 2013 wrapped up this week, with strong attendance, key announcements from participating companies and educational programs designed to help attendees kick their network planning and communications strategies into high gear, TMC announced. ITEXPO will next convene January 28-31, 2014, at ITEXPO Miami in Miami Beach, Florida.
ITEXPO Las Vegas offered attendees, exhibitors, speakers, press and analysts a non-stop, robust agenda throughout the week, including a keynote address from Apple cofounder Steve Wozniak and the introduction of Case Study U, a new conference track featuring CIOs and IT managers talking about the opportunities and challenges they are facing heading into 2014. Attendees were also able to take deep dives into technologies through preconference programming on topics such as Asterisk 1-2-3 and software-defined networking (SDN).
The event featured more than 200 keynotes, sessions, panels and networking opportunities focused on topics from cloud computing and social media to machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, unified communications, BYOD and mobile commerce. Event programming was offered through a series of collocated shows held in conjunction with ITEXPO, including Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit, M2M Evolution Conference, ChannelVision (CVx) Expo, LatinComm, Cloud4SMB and Startup Camp8: Comms Edition.
“ITEXPO continues to grow and has become the premier business communications and technology event for enterprise, government and SMB end-users, resellers, service providers, manufacturers, developers, media and analysts,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman of ITEXPO. “We had a terrific event in Las Vegas, and we’re excited to bring our cutting-edge content and networking opportunities back to Miami in January.”
Throughout the week, companies participating at ITEXPO Las Vegas released dozens of announcements at the event and its collocated conferences. These include announcements from:
- ABP Tech, which announced it was named the exclusive distributor for MICROSENS for the Americas. ABP Technology will provide the North American, Latin American and Caribbean markets with MICROSENS’ proven Gigabit Ethernet switches.
- ACT Conferencing, which announced the launch of its Ascent partner portal. Within the last ten months, ACT has experienced a 60-percent growth in its worldwide channel partner community, and the ACT Ascent program was created to ensure partner success as the company accommodates this significant growth. The program provides participants with the tools needed to remain successful channel partners, as well as the incentives they deserve for maintaining that success.
- ADTRAN®, Inc., which announced the release of its Total Access® 900e Gen 3 series of Ethernet and Multi-T1 IP Business Gateways. The Total Access 900e series is purpose-built for carrier SIP/MGCP VoIP networks and is the industry’s leading IP Business Gateway. The solution combines robust routing and voice features for highly reliable and cost-effective services ranging from SIP trunking to hosted PBX.
- AGT, which introduced the next generation of EncoreB2B, a mobile application that connects a wide variety of video-enabled mobile devices with HD video conferencing systems, web browsers and unified communications clients, regardless of location.
- AirWatch, which announced it has struck an integration partnership with Appthority. The companies announced that AirWatch EMM is integrated with Appthority's fully automated App Risk Management service for speedy app analysis and risk management. Armed with customized app reputation scores from Appthority, IT departments can create an intelligent mobile policy through the Appthority Portal, and enforce the policy on their AirWatch deployments.
- Broad Connect Telecom, which announced the Lync TVA Server, which will provide the bridge necessary for two major technologies—Broad Connect partner Citel Technologies’ Portico TVA and Microsoft Lync—to come together to allow legacy telephone handsets the capability to work with Microsoft Lync, thus preventing the need to buy a whole new set of handsets just to get in line with Lync. This new system will enable large, geographically diversified corporations to move all of their IT and telephony requirements to Microsoft Lync in a much faster manner. At the same time they can retain much of the functionality considered key on the telephony side of the business.
- cBeyond, which announced the general availability of its Communications on the Go solution, which offers a cloud-based phone system with advanced call management features accessed from desktop phones, mobile handsets and devices, either at the office or remotely. Communications on the Go incorporates several Cbeyond products and features —TotalCloud™ Phone System (TCPS), Cbeyond Communicator (for Desktop and for Mobile), Cbeyond Mobile and Cbeyond's Managed Network Service— all delivered as one seamless and integrated business communications solution.
- Clear2there LLC, which announced the release of a suite of access control solutions that integrate security functions among a wide range of building access and video surveillance systems. Leveraging the power and flexibility of the company’s Viewbiquity Cloud Application Suite (VCAS), Clear2there’s access control solutions are focused on ensuring proper authentication and entry to sensitive sites such as schools, office complexes and other facilities that have stringent security requirements.
- Draytek, which announced Version 3.7.3 for its Vigor2860 Series. With this firmware release, the Vigor2860 can support 16 tunnels of SSL VPN, CVM (Central VPN Management), multi-VLAN for WAN2, 6in4 Static Tunnel and 6rd for IPv6, APM, etc. With the CVM feature, system administrators can setup and manage VPN connections with other sites.
- eOn Communications Corp., which announced its wholly owned subsidiary, Cortelco Incorporated, is launching a new line of Cortelco-brand IP telephones. The launch is the new D-900 Android-based touch screen phone, a new Gigabit phone and a model optimized for use in call centers. These models are the latest addition to the C-Series line from Fanvil, for which Cortelco has exclusive North America rights.
- RingbyName, which announced its offerings are now available in both Spanish and Portuguese. This is accomplished in part by a multi-lingual test-to-speech engine that enables businesses to customize phone greetings, voice prompts, menus and system notifications in either of these languages, as well as English. Each RingByName user is able to select their own language preference, allowing English, Spanish and Portuguese users to work together on a single phone system.
- Snom Technology, which unveiled plans with Patton Electronics to expand its existing partnership through a new telephony bundle for North and South America through value-added distributor ABP Technology.
- UberConference, which announced the launch of HD audio in its award-winning teleconferencing service. UberConference is the first teleconferencing service to offer High Definition audio to those dialing in through WebRTC on Google Chrome. By using the HD audio codec OPUS, which dynamically adapts to changes in available network bandwidth, UberConference offers the best possible sound quality for each call. With OPUS, UberConference can transmit much more of the audio spectrum and produce calls that are lifelike and realistic, often making participants feel like they are in the same room.
- Voxbone, which announced that several U.S.-based cloud-communications services providers are using VoxOUT, the first wholesale service that supports telephone access to emergency services in multiple European countries from a single IP-based interconnection. VoxOUT is now available for 10 European countries. Voxbone announced that 8×8, Inc., OneStream Networks and a number of other high-profile providers of cloud communications, SIP trunking and Cloud PBX services have signed on to use VoxOUT to offer their customers the ability to dial emergency numbers.
- Zeacom, which announced successful results from the deployment of Zeacom Communications Center software (ZCC) on Microsoft Lync by continuing education company WebCE. The implementation has achieved a number of goals for WebCE’s contact center operations, including reduced abandonment rates, improved service levels, increased agent productivity and improved organizational efficiency.
- Vitelity, which launched a new product called the smartDID. Vitelity is changing the way phone numbers are purchased by prebundling traditionally à la carte VoIP services, so the consumer product expectations associated with POTS are also met in the telephony industry. smartDIDs are phone numbers enhanced with the features E911, 411 directory assistance listings, outbound CNAM/LIDB listing, white/yellow page listings, MyScribbit voicemail transcription and SMS. All features come with each phone number at no additional cost. Vitelity also announced it is now the largest DID aggregator in North America with the largest footprint.
- VoIP Innovations, which announced it has successfully completed interoperability testing with Telinta, a global leader in cloud-based switching and billing solutions for VoIP service providers. The two companies offer complementary services, partnering together to better meet the needs of mutual customers.
ITEXPO is proudly supported by Platinum Sponsors Interactive Intelligence, NETXUSA, Sansay and AudioCodes; Gold Sponsors ABP Technology, Blackberry, Snom, 888VoIP, Sagemcom, Yealink, Sangoma, Vitelity, Voxbone, Taqua, ShoreTelSky and FreePBX; and Social Media Sponsors VoIP Innovations and H20 Overgroup.
ITEXPO, the world’s largest and best-attended business technology trade show, will next be held January 28-31, 2014, in Miami, Florida, at the Miami Beach Convention Center. ITEXPO Miami 2014 will focus on new technologies, regulatory issues, and trends in the VoIP, mobility and wireless, IT management and customer experience and interaction market segments.
ITEXPO Miami speaking proposals are being accepted through August 31, 2013. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages should contact TMC’s Joe Fabiano, 203-852-6800 x132. For media registration, contact Ashley Baster.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: 3D Printing Conference & Expo; Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Cloud4SMB Expo; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developers Conference; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; Secure Mobility Conference; Small Cell Summit, Software Telco Congress, StartupCamp; Super Wi-Fi & Shared Spectrum Summit; SIP Trunking-Unified Communications Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo; WebRTC Conference & Expo; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Blaise McNamee