Norwalk, CT – February 18, 2014 – TMC today announced that the next Software Telco Congress will take place on August 11-14, 2014, at The Rio Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada. The Software Telco Congress is designed around the benefits and opportunities that Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) offers. Network functions are more intertwined that ever before, allowing carriers to place resources outside of their traditional footprint to provide more responsive services. As software-based networks begin to replace network hardware, the Software Telco Congress will dive into the technology, services and best approaches that will allow carriers to save money and benefit significantly from the new flexibility in their networks.
Software Telco Congress will bring together the industry’s leading Tier 1, 2 and 3 telco carriers, resellers and developers for a series of education sessions. The event has officially opened its Call for Speakers for the August event, and individuals interested in presenting should complete the online form here. For questions, please contact Erik Linask at 203-852-6800 ext. 284. Speaker submissions are being accepted until March 1, 2014.
Programming at Software Telco Congress will be focused on:
- Migration to software-based telco platforms
- Security considerations of virtualized telco platforms
- Can a software telco rely on public clouds?
- The need for real-time communication support in cloud-oriented solutions
- Dealing with legacy/software hybrid migration solutions
- Software telco ROI from power savings, open system use, etc.
- Birth of the software telco ecosystem and considerations required
- Disparate hypervisor considerations
- NFV compliance considerations
- NFV and SDN – Better together?
- Software telco in a multi-vendor world
- Are there limits to telco virtualization solutions?
- How is testing streamlined in a software telco environment?
- How does a software telco scale?
- OSS/BSS integration in a software telco environment
- Managing and orchestrating many virtual network appliances while ensuring security and stability
- Automation of network functions
- Ensuring resilience to hardware and software failures
“The move to software-based network environments is opening new opportunities in the telecom market. Software Telco Congress provides the information carriers need to successfully transition to a virtualized software-based suite of services enabling them to compete effectively with OTT solutions by reducing cost and complexity while maximizing flexibility,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman. “We look forward to our August 2014 event and are building another exciting agenda filled with expert speakers and engaging sessions.”
Registration for Software Telco Congress is now open, with $399 early-bird pricing available until April 1, 2014. Contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131 for more information. For media inquiries, contact Ashley Baster. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for Software Telco Congress should contact TMC's Dave Rodriguez at 203-852-6800 ext. 146.
For the latest Software Telco Congress news, updates and information, follow on Twitter at @SoftwareTelco.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; SmartVoice Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.
Media and Analyst Contact:
Edited by Cassandra Tucker